What’s new in Vizlegal this month? Well quite a bit! We are excited to share a summary of some of the new features and improvements our team has been working on throughout May. And make sure to keep an eye out for more updates in the coming weeks.
📔 Expanded High Court Diaries for firms — provincial diaries
We have recently expanded our High Court Diary feature. A customer asked if we could expand our scope into the Provincial PI diaries to include callovers. The Courts Service publishes these as often long lists of Setting Down Numbers, often in variable styles (so sometimes PI 1234 GY if it’s Galway, but sometimes simply “1234”).
We then undertook to normalise and match all of these Setting Down Numbers to their underlying High Court Record, and in turn match to the firms identified as representing either the plaintiff or defendant.
This means we now match all published PI callover lists to their respective firms — allowing any Irish law firm that signs up to Vizlegal to see their future PI callover court dates almost the instant the PI lists are published — automatically.
This all comes on top of our existing feature to track future High Court Dates across other lists.
📖 Improved and faster searching for Rules & PDs
For busy teams using Vizlegal, we know speed and efficiency is everything — so we made some improvements to our very popular consolidated Rules & PDs section to make it even easier to use.
We did this by:
- Making Rules & PDs searchable in the main search bar. This means you can now search all our Rules & PDs for keywords or phrases.
- You can now look up Rules and PDs directly from the main search bar. Try typing “Order 50” into the search bar and watch as it suggests rules to you. This makes it even faster to find what you need 🚀
🗓️ Always adding more
Over the last 30 days we were busy adding 7,619 new documents from our ever-growing list of sources. These included:
- 292 CJEU documents
- 184 ECHR documents
- 137 new judgments in Ireland
- 1,439 new High Court cases filed in Ireland
- 1,205 UK Employment Tribunal decisions
- 1,439 new England & Wales High Court filings
- 1,692 US Circuit Opinions
- 605 Irish Circuit Court Diaries
- 132 WRC or Labour Court decisions
- 220 Trademarks
- 91 England & Wales Court of Appeal decisions
🔗 Product Updates
The team has been busy making many improvements to our application. These include:-
- We upgraded our search technology to the latest version — this means improved performance and speed
- Software updates to improve security
- Optimising our code for a faster and smoother experience (the app now loads faster than before — measured in milliseconds!)
- We re-worked and re-designed some elements of our user interface to make things clearer, faster and easier to read.
📒 Legal Costs Adjudications
We recently announced the addition of Legal Costs Adjudication decisions (along with several years of Taxing Master decisions.)
As with other features, we have made it easy to search, track phrases, create alerts and bookmark decisions. This feature is available for all Vizlegal users so do check it out.
Thank you for your time — until next month!
The Vizlegal team